The Liberation Mandate is what we refer to as the commission, because that was where everything began. It was delivered on a most dramatic and awesome platform. This was how the mandate was delivered.

On May 1, 1981, I travelled to two towns in the Southwest of Nigeria, Ondo Ilesha. My mission was to check up on two sets of friends who were both young couples because I had not heard from them in a while. I drove first to Ondo, where I met wale and Yinka Ogundare. I was privileged to lead Wale to Christ in 1974. Afterwards, I left for Ilesha but did not meet the Adenibas who left a note on their door reading, "Away for Weekend".

Rather than being disappointed, something gracious came out of me. I said 'All things work together for good to the advantage of them that love the Lord. Then the Holy Spirit said to me,

"Look for a quiet place, I want to talk with you"
May 1st, 1981

That was a timely instruction, because I had quite a few other friends in that town that I would have visited and had a good time with, However, I obeyed the voice of the Holy Spirit and asked a passerby if there was any hotel on the outskirt of the town, where I could lodge. And that was how I met with destiny.

The quiet place I found was one 'International Hotel', Ilesha. It was a 'great' hotel and I disliked the state of both the building and particularly the room. But I knew from my inside that I had to be there. Behold, as I knelt down to give thanks in that wonderful room and encounter began that lasted for eighteen hours! In that great vision, I saw a line-up of the afflicted and oppressed, broken, beaten, battered, the blind, the lame and the wretched. I saw all kinds of deformities that I was greatly be-wildered. I heard their wailing as they filed past me. Their groaning was so intense that I could almost feel their pains.

I could not help it, and so I began to cry and sob along with them. 'Lord, what is this?' I asked, I heard God say to me,

"and from the beginning it was not so."
May 1st, 1981

I broke down the more in tears. In the midst of all that, I kept asking, 'but why Lord?' And I heard God say distinctly to me,

"and from the beginning it was not so."
May 1st, 1981

My sobbing became even more intense as I asked, 'Lord, why me?' I had always thought I would remain in the "helps ministry", where I would be a blessing to the kingdom through my giving and services. However, I rose from the eighteen-hour fully persuaded of God's call upon my life into ministry. That was how I received the Liberation Mandate.

"And from the beginning it was not so and now, the hour has come
to liberate the world from all oppressions of the devils, through the preaching of the word of faith;
and I am sending you to undertake this task
September, 1976 [The Mandate]

Loading tweets2...